This Privacy Notice governs the manner in Nanogenics collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the www.nanogenics.co.uk website (“Site”). This Privacy Notice came into effect as of 18 July 2018. Nanogenics is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website and how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
By visiting or using our website, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you are consenting to us gathering and processing information about you in accordance with this Policy, although consent may not be required for all elements described in this policy. For particular types of information or processing, we may provide you with choices or request your further consent related to what information we collect and how we may process it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Nanogenics of Ettrick Riverside, Dunsdale Road, Selkirk, Scottish Borders, Scotland, TD7 5EB.
Personal identification information
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Purchase our services
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out our Contact Us Form
If you provide us with personal data about a third party (for example when registering a domain on their behalf), you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
The personal data that we may collect from you includes your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment information and IP addresses only if users voluntarily submit such information to us.
We may also keep details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, and other communication data. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, generic local location, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
We may use information about you in the following ways:
- To process orders that you have submitted to us;
- To provide you with products and services that you have ordered;
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you;
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query;
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments;
- To review job applications;
- To inform you of service and price changes.
- To improve customer service Information you provide, helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To send periodic emails If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. Third party websites Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Changes to this privacy notice
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes. Contacting us If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at: www.nanogenics.co.uk or Ettrick Riverside, Dunsdale Road, Selkirk, Scottish Borders, Scotland, TD7 5EB